At Dub’l-lif we are committed to ensuring that your personal information is protected and never misused.
What we collect and how
We will only ask for or collect the personal information we need to provide and improve the service, products and experiences our customers and suppliers expect.
You may share with us: your name, job title, address, email address, contact number and payment information.
We may collect this in the following ways
- When you contact us through the website
- When you communicate with us through email or on the phone
- When you provide us with your contact details at an exhibition or show
Why is it being collected
The primary legal basis for processing your personal data is contractual, to allow us to carry out the business transactions agreed between you and Dub’l-lif.
In addition we may also process your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interest in carrying out marketing activities and developing new products or services. However we will only send you marketing communications if you have told us it is okay to do so.
How will your data be used
We use the information you share with us in the following ways:
- To respond to queries and requests
- To communicate with you
How long do we keep information
- We only hold information for as long as is necessary
- We hold details of enquiries and sales related activities (e.g. a visit by a representative) for 3 years).
- Quotations are valid for 6 months but we keep the details for 5 years.
- We maintain trading documentation for 7 years (as required by law)
- Marketing details will be held until the point that consent is withdrawn or an individual’s circumstances change (e.g. change address/employer).
How do we share information
The third parties who provide services on our behalf fall into the following categories:
- Carriers who deliver our products to you
- Third parties who help us with our marketing
- Distributors who may be able to help sell products to you
- QuickBooks (Intuit) We use QuickBooks to provide bookkeeping services. In order to provide this service, there may be occasions where we record personal details where customers and suppliers are individuals. The only information we provide them with are contact details necessary for the legitimate interests of our client’s business (debt management, supplier payments, etc).For more information about QuickBooks, please read their Privacy Notice at https://quickbooks.intuit.com/uk/privacy-policy/
Dub’l-lif takes your privacy seriously and takes every reasonable measure and precaution to protect and secure your personal data. We work hard to protect you and your information from unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction and have several layers of security measures in place, including: –
- To prevent unauthorised access, maintain accuracy, and ensure proper use of information, we have employed physical, electronic, and managerial processes to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
- All our employees and data processors who have access to, and are associated with the processing of personal data, are obliged to respect the confidentiality of our clients’ personal data.
- We use leading technologies and encryption software to safeguard your data, and set strict security standards to prevent any unauthorised access to it.
You have the right to access any personal information that Dub’l-lif processes about you and to request information about: –
- What personal data we hold about you
- The purposes of the processing
- The categories of personal data concerned
- The recipients to whom the personal data has/will be disclosed
- How long we intend to store your personal data for
- If we did not collect the data directly from you, information about the source
If you believe that we hold any incomplete or inaccurate data about you, you have the right to ask us to correct and/or complete the information and we will strive to update/correct it as quickly as possible, unless there is a valid reason for not doing so, at which point you will be notified.
You also have the right to request erasure of your personal data or to restrict processing in accordance with the data protection law, as well as to object to any direct marketing from us and to be informed about any automated decision-making that we use.
If we receive a request for any of the above rights, we may ask you to verify your identity before acting on the relevant request; this is to ensure that your data is protected and kept secure.
Lodging A Complaint
Dub’l-lif only processes your personal information in compliance with this privacy notice and in accordance with the relevant data protection laws. If, however, you wish to raise a complaint regarding the processing of your personal data or are unsatisfied with how we have handled your information, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
In the first instance please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not satisfied with our response to your request, you also have the right to refer the matter to the Information Commissioner in the UK. https://ico.org.uk/